Get a quote, configure a custom stair or ask a question. We're here to help!
Metal Stairs With Work PlatformView All crossover stairs Installations
The Safety Managers and Plant Managers at Food Manufacturers and Food Packing companies have a lot of work to do every day.
Food Processors on an industrial scale use large pieces of equipment to cook, bake, chop, grind, boil, and crush all the raw materials that are parts of a final product. These processes are violent to the humans who steer the production along. Keeping workers clear of areas that are dangerous is a full-time job.
Safety And Cleanliness Are Achievable Goals when you install a PerfectaStep system.
– Areas around active equipment should have floor borders that warn workers who are walking through a plant. The most common colors for these are black and safety yellow.
– Safety Gates should be installed in areas where a walking worker should pause before entering. Safety Gates are easy to install and they are an effective control mechanism.
– The work platforms around processing equipment should have better than average fall control built into them. Workers situated on these platforms should feel safe and contained while they do their jobs above working equipment. Good safety measures include solid metal handrails and guardrails that are bolted to the platforms at heights that prevent a worker from tipping into a machine.
– There should be ample space on platforms for the workers who clean the equipment after each production cycle.
– Other areas of the plant should be scrutinized for safety hazards – The usual suspects are the loading dock area and any area where water can accumulate on the deck. These are another two areas where safety gates, cones, eye-level signs, and barricades can be used.
– During Audits a good safety manager in a food processing plant will look closely at the platforms that are constructed around the processing and packaging equipment. Does any joint or area on the platform have any rust or corrosion? Do the steps on the stairway clean off easily or is there flyaway product embedded into the non-slip? Are the fall protection guardrails and handrails loose or jiggly? If any of these areas are now hotspots then corrections have to be put in place.
Calling PerfectaStep today puts you on the road to “Safety Peace Of Mind”
PerfectaStep has been making some of the finest work and production line crossover platforms in the food processing industry for over 20 years. ErectaStep knows the requirements for sterilizing all installed equipment and they manufacture equipment that can be cleaned and sterilized with ease. PerfectaStep platforms are easy to install and they can be configured around any piece of production or packaging equipment. Workers have a safety advantage with ErectaStep.
Calling PerfectaStep today gets the ball rolling if you need to replace or install a work platform near a piece of production or packaging equipment. We will configure a platform to fit equipment of any size and give you a price quote instantly. Gain Safety peace of mind by calling PerfectaStep today.